Over the past 32 seasons, Altona Roosters has developed into the most successful Rugby League club in Victoria. With 8 first grade premierships, 3 first grade runners up, and now 24 teams across juniors & Seniors; Altona Roosters have become apart of the DNA for the people of the South Western beachside suburb.
Altona Roosters Rugby League Club is a family based club. Much of our success is directly attributable to the commitment and passion of our players, committee members, parents and families.
With the growth of Women's contact sport in Australia, Altona Roosters will field a total of 8 female teams across juniors, seniors, oztag & Full contact.
- Creating a welcome and supportive environment for players and families
- Ensuring the safety and welfare of our players
- That players have a positive experience playing rugby league
- Providing the infrastructure to support rugby league at a club level
- Promoting Rugby League in Melbourne
- Developing young players’ skills and confidence.
- 2018 Teams
- Minis: U6, U7, U8, U9
- Mods: U10, U11, U12
- International: U13, U14, U15, U16, U18, Girl's Tag & Girl's tackle
- Senior: Men & Women, Women's Tag
Altona Roosters has a rich history of producing talented professional Rugby league players.
- Zev John - Papua New Guinea | 2018-Present
- Jeremy Smith - New Zealand | 2007-2012
- Gareth Widdop - England | 2010-present
- Ben Nakubuwai | Fiji | 2017-present
- Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad | Cook Islands | 2015-present
- Drury Low | Canberra Raiders, Canterbury Bulldogs
- Jeremy Smith | (Retired) - Melbourne, St George Illawarra, Newcastle, Cronulla
- Gareth Widdop | Melbourne Storm, St George Illawarra Dragons
- Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad | New Zealand Warriors
- Ben Nakubuwai | Gold Coast Titans, Salford Red Devils (UK Super League)